Welcome to the Mascot Netball Club
2017 WINTER SEASON - ROUND 1, SATURDAY, 29 APRIL 2017
CURRENT VACANCIES FOR 2017 SEASON
Please note that following our registration has closed and we only have vacancies within the following age groups (updated 24 April 2017):
15 YEARS DIV 3 - 1 VACANCY
Interested in applying for the above please contact the club via email:
or club mobile 0435 054 852
Please note that clubs within the RNA has been allocated courts for training from Monday to Thursday (no court allocations on a Friday). Please refer to your coach/manager for your court for training. In short Mascot has been allocated:
Mondays - 31,32 (3-5pm) & 22,23,24 (4-7pm)
Tuesdays - 31,32 (3-7pm) & 23,24 (4-7pm)
Wednesdays - 31,32 (3-5pm) & 22,23,24 (4-7pm)
Thursdays - 31,32 (3-7pm) & 23,24 (4-7pm)
2017 TEAM LISTINGS/KEY LISTINGS (RNA)
Team & RNA listings for the 2017 season can be found here. MNC has grown this year to 40 teams & 335 players - what an amazing result for our club!!
Merchandise can be pre-ordered for the 2017 season and collected round 1, 29 April 2017 from the club tent. You can purchase merchandise on any games Saturday during the 2017 season. Click here to access the 2017 Merchandise Form.
ALLOCATION OF COACHES/MANAGERS
After all team details have been completed, Coaches/Managers have been allocated and players should now have commenced training. If you have not as yet heard from a coach/manager please contact the club.
CHANGES TO NETBALL RULES - What’s new in the Rules of Netball?
Netball Australia, along with the eight State and Territory Member Organisations, will implement the new Official Rules of Netball across all associated competitions and events (club/association, regional, state, national and ANZ Championship) from 1 January 2016.
Snapshot of key rule changes:
- Umpires no longer blow their whistle when goals are scored and if it is clear that the ball is out of court.
- The use of the word ‘Penalties’ has been changed to ‘Sanctions’. Sanctions will include Free Pass or Penalty Pass. Throw Ins and Toss Ups are considered actions as opposed to Sanctions (or penalties under the current version).
- When taking a centre pass, the Centre is required to now only have one foot wholly within the centre circle.
- Once a player taking a penalty pass is in the correct position, the player may choose either to play the ball immediately or to wait for the infringer to stand out of play. However, it is important to note that the changes to the rule regarding the taking of the penalty pass do not remove the requirement for a player who is sanctioned for a major infringement to stand out of play.
- All injury/illness stoppages, which include blood, will be 30 seconds, and the player must come off the court.
- Goal tending will no longer be allowed. Players will not be able to deflect a shot once the ball is on a downward flight towards the ring, including touching the ball up through the net.
For more information on the changes visit this site.
HEFFRON PARK - FITZGERALD AVENUE, MAROUBRA
NO SMOKING AT HEFFRON
Please note that under Section 6A of the Smoke-free Environment Act 2000 and effective from 7 January 2013 smoking is banned in spectator areas at public sports grounds and other recreational areas in NSW. Smoking will only be banned when an organised sporting event is being held. Meaning that no person is allowed to smoke in any location at Heffron park whilst netball is being played. There are no designated areas for smoking under the laws. Please ensure all attending Heffron during the netball season are aware of the no smoking laws and this will be enforced by local council rangers.
RUBBISH AT COURTS
Please note that the RNA receives many complaints from local residents and council with regards to the rubbish left at the courts following games. Please ensure that Mascot Netball Club players and spectators are not leaving rubbish behind. Fines will be applied for which we will pass back to our players. Please keep our areas clean and clear at all times.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 April 2017 00:13
to find our Merchandise Order Forms.